Cleanroom standard ISO 14644-1 recommends to realize an annual measurement, and a Technical Cleaning Data Center when dust level exceed. Technical Cleaning must be realized by specialized personnel. With techniques and tools designed for cleaning without re-contaminate the environment or disturbing the Data Center functionality.
First of all and starting from top of the Clean Room. Then a superficial racks and grills cleaning by the use a wet cloth and superficial vacuum. Followed by the racks and corridors, next the front of servers. Finally the free space between the floor and subfloor (the most important area of a Data Center in matter of cleaning), through the plenum generally cold air is distributed.
Have a look to our YOUTUBE video:
TECHNICAL CLEANING BENEFITS
- Extends Life of new devices installed inside the Clean rooms, avoiding contamination
- Minimizes Fire Risk as a consequence of dust accumulated inside the hardware
- Avoids electrostatic shock that may cause transmission errors between machines
- Avoids iron material existence (oxyd)
- Minimizes mechanic corrosion and hardware failures
- Minimizes air pollution
- Cancells alive contamination
- Avoids the cleaning by no qualified personal that may caused systems shut downs
- Maintains the Data Center environment free of contaminating particles
- Extends the lifespan of filters of the cooling units
- Avoids the corrosive cleaning products use that may attack the hardware and contaminate the air
TECHNICAL CLEANING PROCESS
A Technical cleaning consists of a series of actions in order from top to bottom of the room in order to collect the maximum amount of dust suspended in the atmosphere. A technical cleaning should be performed by qualified personnel used to working in Data Center environments.
- Removing large waste
- Vacuum Waste & Vacuum of micro-particles
- Thorough cleaning with special products for data cables, power cables, cable trays, rosettes, raised floor structure
- Removal of the tile
- Cleaning the outside of the room with no aggressive products
- Positioning and Leveling with Laser the tiles
- Cleaning the top of the tile.
Data cabling and power:
- Aspiration of micro-particles
- Clean the surface of the wires.
Racks and Hardware:
- Aspiration external racks.
- Dry cleaning of critical areas.
- Cleaning Rack and door sheet metal or glass.
- Internal Aspiration in front of equipment installed in racks.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Vacuum with HEPA filter (filtering particles down to 0.3 microns) and accessories
- Industrial Vacuum Cleaner
- Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA filter
- Special Chemical Products (non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-harmful to the environment and Anti-Static)
- Special Brushes for any type of surface and corners.
- General cleaning equipment.
- Counter / Particle Meter
CONTAMINATION CONTROL MATS
Download Data Sheet: Contamination Control Mats
A Data Center is a protected environment and generally hermetic. 80% of the powder and dust in the critical area is introduced through the doors with feet when the technicians go inside the Clean Room. 5% due to cabling sealing deficiency or on piping, and last 15% due to the servers and other devices (Source: 3M).
Contamination Control Mats located at the main entrances, outside of the Clean Rooms, avoid the 99% of the powder and dust going inside the Clean Room at floor level.
Contamination Control Mats correctly installed and maintained give important benefits:
- Larger servers lifespan
- Data loss and read/write errors reduction
- Maintenance cost reduction
- Trustworthiness installation improvement
The polymeric composition of the mat gives different advantages:
- Optical smooth surface, flexible. Maximum contact with shoes and casters with the Mats.
- High superficial energy (Van de Vaal forces). Maximum gathering and retention of the all particles size
- Ability to pick / hold the contamination in a big size range of particles. With the efficient elimination in the range from 2 to 10 micrometers
- With a simple and regular cleaning regime, guarantee the effective contamination control during a few years.
- It picks the contamination throw a complete floor coverage
- The eliminated particles trapped in the controlled medium blocking in this way the freeing in the air.
- APPLE in UAE
- DIFC – Dubai Government in UAE
- ABU DHABI Police in UAE
- HSBC in UAE
- ETISALAT in UAE
- BP in Irak
- DEUTSCH TELECOM in Saudi Arabia
- UNIVERSIDAD DE GUADALAJARA in Mexico
- INTERXION Spain and France
- CONTINENT 8 in Gibraltar
- TELEFONICA in Spain
- COLT in Spain
- EQUINIX in Spain
- EUROPEAN UNION TRADE MARK in Spain
- INDRA in Spain
- CARREFOUR in Spain
- BANK OF SABADELL in Spain
- BBVA Bank in Spain
- LA CAIXA BANK in Spain
- PROCTER & GAMBLE in Spain