In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering Disinfection and Sanitization services for Critical Rooms. Free Download White Papers:
Following the ASHRAE 2011 Gaseous and Particulate Guidelines regarding the standards of Data Center Cleaning we need to follow:
- Corrosion: ISA 71.04
- Particles in Suspension: ISO 14644-1
As mentioned in the referred Standard, ASHRAE summarizes the reasons for the increasing number of data centers experiencing corrosion related hardware failures are as follows:
- Change from lead-containing solder to lead-free solder, such as copper-tinsilver solder
- Changes in Data Center temperature and humidity operating conditions
- Continued miniaturizing of electronic components and ever-increasing circuit packaging density
- Proliferation of data centers into geographies with polluted environments
Two common modes of IT equipment failures due to environmental contamination
are as follows:
- Copper creep corrosion on printed circuit boards
- Corrosion of silver termination in miniature surface-mounted components
ASHRAE recommends that data center operators maintain an environment with corrosion rates within the following guidelines:
- Copper reactivity rate of less than 300 Å/month
- Silver reactivity rate of less than 200 Å/month
Regarding of Particles, Clean Room Standard ISO 14644-1 recommends to realize an annual measurement, and a Technical Cleaning Data Center when dust level exceed the required level. Technical Cleaning must be realized by specialized personnel. With techniques and tools designed for cleaning without re-contaminate the environment or disturbing the Data Center functionality.
First of all and starting from top of the Clean Room. Then a superficial racks and grills cleaning by the use a wet cloth and superficial vacuum. Followed by the racks and corridors, next the front of servers. Finally the free space between the floor and subfloor (the most important area of a Data Center in matter of cleaning), through the plenum generally cold air is distributed.
Correctly Data Center floor cleaning dissipates the static electricity. Dirt reduces the dissipating property of raised floor tiles. Floor must be cleaned tile by tile, removing all tiles possible, then cleaned and installed again, with final levelling.
Have a look to our YOUTUBE video:
TECHNICAL CLEANING BENEFITS
- Extends Life of new devices installed inside the Clean rooms, avoiding contamination
- Minimizes Fire Risk as a consequence of minimum dust accumulated inside the hardware
- Avoids electrostatic shock that may cause transmission errors between machines
- Avoids iron material existence (oxyd)
- Minimizes mechanic corrosion and hardware failures
- Minimizes air pollution
- Cancells alive contamination
- Avoids the cleaning by unqualified staff that may caused systems shut downs
- Maintains the Data Center environment free of contaminating particles
- Extends the lifespan of filters of the cooling units
- Avoids the corrosive cleaning products use that may attack the hardware and contaminate the air
TECHNICAL CLEANING PROCESS
A Technical cleaning consists of a series of actions in order from top to bottom of the room in order to collect the maximum amount of dust suspended in the atmosphere. A technical cleaning should be performed by qualified personnel used to working in Data Center environments.
- Removing large waste
- Vacuum Waste & Vacuum of micro-particles
- Thorough cleaning with special cleaning agents for data cables, power cables, cable trays, rosettes, raised floor structure
- Removal of the tile
- Cleaning the outside of the room with no aggressive products
- Positioning and Leveling with Laser the tiles
- Cleaning the top of the tile.
Data cabling and power:
- Aspiration of micro-particles
- Clean the surface of the wires.
Racks and Hardware:
- Aspiration external racks.
- Dry cleaning of critical areas.
- Cleaning Rack and door sheet metal or glass.
- Internal Aspiration in front of equipment installed in racks.
MATERIALS AND TOOLS
- Vacuum with HEPA filter (filtering particles down to 0.3 µm) and accessories
- Industrial Vacuum Cleaner
- Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA filter
- Special Chemical Products (non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-harmful to the environment and Anti-Static)
- Special Brushes for any type of surface and corners.
- General cleaning equipment.
- Counter / Particle Meter
NEED A QUOTATION?
Please fill the following information regarding your Technical Cleaning Project:
[contact-form-7 id=”1929″ title=”Need a Quotation?”]
TECHNICAL CLEANING REFERENCES
- APPLE in UAE
- DIFC – Dubai Government in UAE
- ABU DHABI Police in UAE
- HSBC in UAE
- ETISALAT in UAE
- BP in Irak
- STC in Saudi Arabia
- DEUTSCH TELECOM in Saudi Arabia
- UNIVERSIDAD DE GUADALAJARA in Mexico
- Energy and Minery Ministry in Peru
- INTERXION Spain and France
- CONTINENT 8 in Gibraltar
- TELEFONICA in Spain
- COLT in Spain
- EQUINIX in Spain
- EUROPEAN UNION TRADE MARK in Spain
- INDRA in Spain
- CARREFOUR in Spain
- BANK OF SABADELL in Spain
- BBVA Bank in Spain
- LA CAIXA BANK in Spain
- PROCTER & GAMBLE in Spain