Download Data Sheet: Contamination Control Mat
A Data Center is a protected environment and generally hermetic. 80% of the powder and dust in the critical area is introduced through the doors with feet when the technicians go inside the Clean Room. 5% due to cabling sealing deficiency or on piping, and last 15% due to the servers and other devices (Source: 3M).
Contamination Control Mat located at the main entrances, outside of the Clean Rooms, avoid the 99% of the powder and dust going inside the Clean Room at floor level.
Additionally, units incorporate BIOMASTER, silver-based antimicrobial additives to offer effective antimicrobial protection for the effective lifetime of the product, helping to keep surfaces clean and hygienic, reducing the risk of cross-contamination.
As mentioned in the BIOMASTER website: “The benefits of silver as a natural antimicrobial, however, have been known since the time of the Pharaohs. Silver has been used for thousands of years to prevent the growth of bacteria without the high toxicity associated with other metals.”
Contamination Control Mat correctly installed and maintained give important benefits:
- Larger servers lifespan
- Data loss and read/write errors reduction
- Maintenance cost reduction
- Trustworthiness installation improvement
The polymeric composition of the mat gives different advantages:
- Optical smooth surface, flexible. Maximum contact with shoes and casters with the Mats.
- High superficial energy (Van de Vaal forces). Maximum gathering and retention of the all particles size
- Ability to pick / hold the contamination in a big size range of particles. With the efficient elimination in the range from 2 to 10 micrometers
- With a simple and regular cleaning regime, guarantee the effective contamination control during a few years.
- It picks the contamination throw a complete floor coverage
- The eliminated particles trapped in the controlled medium blocking in this way the freeing in the air.